KoE – Patch 6.1 Blood Death Knights
Welcome to Episode 9.3 of Knights of the Ebon podcast. This is YOUR Death Knight podcast in the World of Warcraft. Each show, I, Epicinsanity, bring you the latest details on the greatest class in the game… The Death Knight.
Today is April 14th, 2015, and the information you are about to hear is relevant for the release of Patch 6.1.
This Episode will cover all the information you need to play a Blood Death Knight in the World of Warcraft. If you like this episode about Blood DK’s check out Episode 82 of the Training Dummies podcast – There Will Be Blood, where I have a 2 hour conversation all about Blood DKs!
Knights of Ebon is produced by the Frozen Nerdz Podcast. The Frozen Nerdz podcast is an all Blizzard Entertainment podcast hosted by Kilroy and Epicinsanity. We cover everything thats going on in the Blizzard Universe, as well as general gaming news and topics. If you are looking to get your fill of Blizzard Entertainment news, check out the Frozen Nerdz Podcast!
Also, Knights of Ebon is a proud member of Catalyst Gaming Media, part of the d20crit.com network. For all your geek needs, check out D20Crit.com!
So sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!
Blood Death Knights
Damage oriented: bonus armor> strength>multistrike=mastery*>versatility>haste>crit (*you can do either mastery>multistrike or multistrike>mastery, depending on what you want to get out of your stats)
Survival oriented: bonus armor> strength>mastery>haste>versatility>crit>multistrike
Enchants – use the same preferred enchant on your neck, cloak, and rings. Either Gift of Multistrike (50 multistrike) or Gift of Mastery (50 mastery), depending on the stat priority you pick.
Runeforging — Fallen Crusader (heals 3% and increase total Strength by 20% for 15 sec.) [ie.) Heroic Gruul — Unholy Strength proc’ed 26 times in 6 mins.]
Tier 1 Talents: Plaguebearer (DC refreshes Diseases(Progression)), Plague Leech (eats diseases for 2 Death Runes(Farm)) ← [Glyph of Outbreak] no time, 30 RP
Tier 2 Talents: Purgatory ←Passive. Set it and forget it.
Tier 3 Talents: Death’s Advance (Passive 10%, use 30%/6 secs), Asphyxiate (Choke em! Great for Stunnable Add Fights).
Tier 4 Talents: Blood Tap (passively causes every 15 Runic Power that you spend to generate a Blood Charge, and you can have up to a maximum of 12 charges. Using Blood Tap consumes 5 charges, activating a random fully depleted rune as a Death Rune. Blood Tap is not on the global cooldown, and it has no cooldown and no cost.)
- Blood Tap provides you with a lot of control, you pick when to Death Strike/Blood Shield.
Tier 5 Talents: Death Pact (heals you for 50% of your maximum health, but also absorbing 25% of your maximum health in healing received over the next 15 seconds.
Tier 6 Talents:
- Gorefiend’s Grasp, Remorseless Winter ← Pick 1.
- Never use. Desecrated Ground
Tier 7 Talents: encounter mechanics: Defile (go-to talent (Enemies who are standing in Defile deal 10% less damage to you)), Breath of Sindragosa (highly situational (eats RP for dmg/ heals [10% of the spell damage that the affected targets deal])), Necrotic Plague (1 disease, cannot be refreshed).
- Defile on fights with adds, Breadth of Sindragosa on Patchwork fights. (Gruul)
- Glyph of Outbreak removes the cooldown from Outbreak, but causes it to have a 30 runic power cost instead. This glyph is practically mandatory, since it enables a particularly beneficial interaction with Plague Leech.
- Glyph of Regenerative Magic procs each time your Anti-Magic Shell expires from you without having been fully consumed by damage. When this happens, the cooldown of Anti-Magic Shell is reduced by an amount based on how much damage it had absorbed (the more damage absorbed, the smaller the reduction), up to a maximum of 50%. This glyph is very beneficial in allowing you to gain more runic power over the course of the fight. (MORE DPS!)
- Pick One:
- Glyph of Icebound Fortitude reduces the cooldown of Icebound Fortitude by 50%, but also reduces its duration by 75%. This glyph is excellent when you need to use Icebound Fortitude more often, but short periods.
- Glyph of Vampiric Blood increases the bonus healing received while Vampiric Blood is active by 10%, but Vampiric Blood no longer grants any health.
Minor: Any but Army Taunt.
Single Target/AOE –
Single Target: –
- Apply and maintain your diseases on the target
- Initially, apply them with Outbreak.
- After that, always refresh them with Blood Boil.
- In case your diseases fall off, or if you have consumed them using Plague Leech, re-apply them with Outbreak.
- Use your Frost, Unholy, and Death runes on Death Strike.
- Use your Blood runes on Blood Boil. Never use Blood Boil if you have no Blood runes, as this will cause it to consume a Death rune, which should be saved for Death Strike.
- When the target is at or below 35% health, you should use your Blood runes on Soul Reaper (the goal being to use Soul Reaper on cooldown during this period).
- Use your runic power on Death Coil to generate threat and dump runic power.
- Use your Crimson Scourge procs on Blood Boil.
Same as above, but drop Death & Decay (Defile) and Blood Boil spam. (remorseless winter is great for trash)
|Rune Tap||Uses a Blood rune to reduce the damage you take by 40% for 3 seconds. It has a maximum of 2 charges, and a 30-second recharge time. Dropping below 30% health will grant you a cost-free charge of Rune Tap, thanks to Will of the Necropolis, but this effect has a 30-second internal cooldown.|
|Icebound Fortitude||Grants you a 20% damage taken reduction.|
|Dancing Rune Weapon||Grants +20% chance to parry (also increases threat generation with Glyph of Dancing Rune Weapon).|
|Army of the Dead||The ghouls created by this spell will attempt to taunt enemies (with the exception of raid bosses).|
|Mixed (Proactive or Reactive) Cooldowns|
|Empower Rune Weapon||Instantly regenerates all runes and grants 25 Runic Power (very useful for casting Death Strike or Blood Tap).|
Advanced Tips & Tricks – #ProTip
Death Strike Timing – Use it to ABSORB an attack, but if you can’t use Rune Tap (40% less dmg) then use it to heal up. Use Blood Shield Tracker Addon (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/blood-shield-tracker )
Use Tell Me When (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tellmewhen) for tracking CDs.
- ie) no Bone shield, Rune Tap is off CD, Blood Tap is avail, etc.
Raise Ally Mouse Over
- #showtooltip Raise Ally
- /cast [@mouseover,help][@target]Raise Ally
This macro casts Raise Ally on your mouseover target, if they are a friendlyd player. Otherwise, it casts Raise Ally on your current target.
Blood Tap Macro
- #showtooltip Blood Tap
- /cast Blood Tap
- /cast Blood Tap
Since Blood Tap is off the global cooldown, this macro allows you to use up 10 charges (assuming you have them) and instantly generate two Death runes.
Where You Can Find The Show:
Partner Networks: CatalystGamingMedia.com, D20Crit.com
Check out these Blood Death Knight Guides:
Official Warcraft Forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1012662/
Reniat’s Theorycrafting Website: http://sanguinefortitude.wordpress.com/
Check out these other Unholy Death Knight guides:
Check out these other great Frost Death Knight guides: