Episode 10 – “Patch 6.2 Death Knight Changes”
Welcome to Episode 10 of Knights of the Ebon podcast. This is YOUR Death Knight podcast in the World of Warcraft. Each show, I, Epicinsanity, bring you the latest details on the greatest class in the game… The Death Knight.
Today is June 21st, 2015, and the information you are about to hear is relevant for the release of Patch 6.2.
This Episode will cover all the information you need to know in order to stay current with everything Death Knight in the World of Warcraft.
Knights of Ebon is produced by the Frozen Nerdz Podcast. The Frozen Nerdz podcast is an all Blizzard Entertainment podcast hosted by Kilroy and Epicinsanity. We cover everything that’s going on in the Blizzard Universe, as well as general gaming news and topics. If you are looking to get your fill of Blizzard Entertainment news, check out the Frozen Nerdz Podcast!
Also, Knights of Ebon is a proud member of Catalyst Gaming Media, part of the d20crit.com network. For all your geek needs, check out D20Crit.com!
So sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!
Where You Can Find The Show:
Partner Networks: CatalystGamingMedia.com, D20Crit.com
Personal Twitter: @Epic_Insanity; @FrozeNerdz
Live Stream: Twitch.tv/FrozeNerdz
Patch 6.2 Death Knight Changes:
- Anti-Magic Shell now absorbs 100% of all magical damage (up from 75%). However, damage absorbed no longer causes Resolve.
- Mastery: Blood Shield’s Physical damage absorption shield from Death Strike now also counts as having an active mitigation effect active.
- Frost Strike now deals 20% more damage.
- Frost Strike – 40 Runic Power – Instantly strike the enemy, causing 96% Frost damage.
- Howling Blast now deals 20% more damage.
- Obliterate’s damage has increased by 20%, but deals only 80% of normal damage against player-controlled targets.
- Necrosis now deals 8% less damage.
- Breath of Sindragosa now costs 20 Runic Power per second for Blood Death Knights.
- Glyph of Icy Runes has been removed.
- ( You gain an additional 10 Runic Power when you use Chains of Ice.) Removed due to the over abuse by Blood Knights rolling with Breath of Sindragosa.
Tier 18 Death Knight Gear:
- 2 pieces (Blood) : Blood Boil and Soul Reaper have a 25% chance to grant 1 extra stack of Scent of Blood. In addition, Scent of Blood now stacks up to 10 times.
- 2 pieces (Frost) : When you critically hit with Obliterate you gain 3% haste for 12 sec. When you critically hit with Frost Strike, your critical damage is increased by 6% for 12 sec.
- 2 pieces (Unholy) : Your Death Coil applies double the amount of Shadow Infusion onto your Ghoul.
- 4 pieces (Blood) : Your Death Strike only consumes 80% of the stacks of Scent of Blood.
- 4 pieces (Frost) : Frost Strike and Obliterate have a 65% chance not to consume Killing Machine.
- 4 pieces (Unholy) : Your Dark Tranformation now transforms your Ghoul into a Crazed Monstrosity, increasing both the Monstrosity’s and your damage and attack speed.